Wednesday 30 April 2014

OUGD502 A Design Presence - Website

I mocked up some initial scamps so I could cement a consistent layout and format to each page before I started designing. This would keep the same design as all other elements to the brief so I wanted to ensure it would translate as well on screen as off.











I concluded that putting the logo at the top of the webpage gave me more allowance to alternate the design in the content part of the page. I selected a few of the designs that I thought would work well for each page (Projects, About, Services and Contact).

I chose on the Projects page to use the layout that gave me the biggest scope to showcase a lot of work on page, and so I was able to show snapshots of each project, giving the viewer the opportunity to look at all or a few of them.





I used the same typeface as on my branding and promo pack to keep things simple. I wanted to create a rollover image that would provide a title or small amount of information about each project to give an explanation before it was opened:


While I wanted to ensure that the website looked simple, I found that this design was a bit boring and would become quite same-ish. I experimented with using more visuals to break up the white space on the page:



I tried out some changed with the colour, and while I liked the black header it seemed then to go in the opposite direction and became a bit much.
I decided to keep the first version I tried. However, I found at this point that I had now left it too late to find the time to code the website properly, and so had to just create the proposals:











No comments:

Post a Comment