Friday 28 September 2012

Why am I here? What do I want to learn?



5 Reasons why I chose to study on this programme:
-       Good reputation
-       Thoroughly enjoyed Foundation at LCA
-       More contact hours with tutors than on other courses
-       Want to be challenged
-       Love living in Leeds

5 Things I want to learn during my time on the programme:
-       Explore digital media
-       Use more software in my work
-       Develop software skills
-       Develop and vary methods of research
-       Working collaboratively

5 Skills that I consider to be my strengths:
-       Typography
-       Illustration
-       Self evaluation and analysis
-       Attention to detail
-       Presentation

5 Things that i want to improve:
-       Time management
-       Moving out of my comfort zone
-       Software skills
-       Giving constructive criticism
-       Depth of research

5 Ways I could evaluate my progress:
-       Blogging
-       Crits
-       Getting feedback from other students
-       Comparing my work over time
-       Explore more than one idea

5 Questions I want the answers to:
-       How would my work be categorised?
-       How can I self promote?
-       How can I develop a network of potential clients?
-       Will I be able to work outside of the graphic design industry, eg editing?
-       How will I get up at 8.30am everyday for three years?

5 things that inspire me:
-       Films
-       Quentin Taruntino, both his films and his creativity
-       Anatomy and insects, more specifically the Hunterian Museum in London
-       1920s fashion and jazz
-       Simplicity

No comments:

Post a Comment